Yep, we’re talking destination wedding! What could be more exciting than planning your perfect day in an exotic location with an extended celebration and every excuse for champagne at breakfast and facials with the girls.
Seriously, nothing says fun and romance like a destination wedding. And while we’ve got you going “Ooh la la” we’re going to throw the word Noosa in there too.
If you’re looking for the perfect wedding destination, you really couldn’t choose a better spot than Noosa, or the Sunshine Coast in general. In fact, even the stats agree. Did you know that the Sunshine Coast has more weddings per capita than anywhere else in Australia? Over 75% of weddings in Noosa alone are from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and other interstate couples.
Boom. Told you so.
So why, you might ask, is everyone crushing on Noosa as their top wedding destination?
Well, let us point out the obvious here:
1. THE WEATHER: It’s true, we have some of the best weather in Australia. It’s warm, the sun is always shining and when it rains? It only makes us want to dance underneath the clouds. Plus we have heaps of beautiful backup venues that can make your rainy day wedding even more magical.
And in the past, couples have generally favoured the Spring or Autumn months to get married. But it looks like Noosa’s best kept secret is out: Winter on the Sunshine Coast is the bomb! (Read about why we think it’s the best time to get married here.) But really, any time of the year is great. That’s why they call it the Sunshine Coast, no?
2. AMAZING CEREMONY LOCATIONS. No matter what time of year you decide to marry, Noosa and it’s surroundings have an abundance of beautiful choices for outdoor ceremony locations.
(So many to choose from that we even dedicated an entire article to it. Read about our favourite Noosa outdoor ceremony locations here.)
What makes our wedding locations so special? The varied landscape might have something to do with it! We have so many dreamy beaches, parks, river views and let’s not get started on the Noosa Hinterland and Maleny area. There are also amazing private properties to choose from, perfect for that dream tipi or marquee wedding.
Images: Adrianna Watson Photography; Jennifer Oliphant Photography; Karen Buckle Photography; White Images; Calli B Photography
3. INSTA-WORTHY VENUES. Our little slice of paradise is becoming more and more popular for destination weddings and it’s no surprise, with an array of top class venues able to cater to any type of event from cocktail to super formal.
We also have incredible waterfront venues and surf clubs right along the coastline. Our surf clubs are especially worth a mention as they offer an affordable but luxurious place to hold an event - plus the views are killer!
Check out the list of our favourite venues on the Sunshine Coast to get an idea of what we mean.
Images: Noosa Boathouse, Sunshine Beach Surfclub - Karen Buckle Photography, Beach Rd Holiday Homes - Luke Middlemiss Photography
4. PHOTOGRAPHERS DREAM. Noosa and its surrounds are a photographers dream, from epic mountain tops with 360 degree views, lush open parks to some of the most beautiful beaches on this planet… you’re guaranteed wedding photos that will last a lifetime and adorn your walls like pure art.
If you’re going to plan a destination wedding, you’re going to want to remember it through all the photographs. So we’d definitely recommend splashing out for an A-class photographer and possibly even creating a package that they can capture the few days before the event while you’re in full vaycay mode.
If you need guidance, we have a full list of photographers that we can highly recommend.
Images: Lindy Photography, Luke Middlemiss Photography, Tara Lee Photography
5. THE COOLEST WEDDING TRANSPORT. We have the coolest wedding transport this side of the Southern Hemisphere. Because y’all gotta get from A to B. If you have a waterside ceremony or reception, you can literally pull up on a speedboat. Or ferry. Or party boat (which your guests are gonna L.O.V.E). Seriously, can you feel the fun?
Noosa also have some really cool Kombi providers, which again you could even look at hiring for the full few days of celebration (which means less designated drivers and more champagne for everyone!).
Plus let’s not look past all the amazing photo ops we can get out of this one. Yep, awesome transport definitely pushes Noosa up to #1 in Australia’s Top Wedding Destinations List.
Images: Nak Photography - Deluxe Kombie Service; Calli B Photography - Noosa Dream Boats; Life & Love - Noosa Catalina
6. NOOSA IS A FIRST-CLASS TOURIST DESTINATION. It boasts some of Australia’s best hotels and resorts; it’s renowned for its unforgettable food and restaurants; it offers a full host of talented suppliers and photographers, and without a doubt, it’s a warm and friendly community.
So not only will your friends and family get an unforgettable holiday in an enviable part of the world, but you’ll be able to extend your wedding to a full 3 day fun extravaganza (like we need an excuse??)
Plus, as a newlywed couple in Noosa, you can easily kick on to your honeymoon with HEAPS of amazing and easily accessible locations to choose from. (Hello, Sunshine Coast Airport). Or if you prefer you can stay and play with your besties for a fun loving buddymoon!
Images: Alan Hughes Photography; White Images, Life & Love Photography,
There we have it! With brides and grooms across Australia looking to the Sunshine Coast and Noosa as their top wedding destination, we’ve clearly got them covered.
If you’re looking for further inspo or some more information on our services, feel free to visit our website galleries and Instagram - or download our Info Pack. We’d love to chat more about planning your dream wedding in Noosa.